Posted on July 31st, 2013 in category "New"
Eglo Lighting, or Eglo Leuchten as they say in Austria, was founded in 1969 by Ludwig Obweiser. With 70 worldwide locations, Eglo is one of Europe’s leading lighting manufacturers. We are proud to be part of their USA and Canada markets.
Eglo offers affordable decorative lighting for living spaces. From the living room to your outdoor living space, Eglo has something for every room. “That’s what they think about and that is what they do”. Just standard or pure design – Eglo lights are in touch with what you want.
Please stop by and see the new Eglo additions to our showroom, we know you will love them as much as we do!
Posted on July 17th, 2013 in category "Uncategorized"
The showroom will be closed Saturday July 20th through Monday July 29th for vacation. We reopen again on Tuesday July 30th at 10:00am. We will be monitoring voice mail and email so please feel free to leave us message and we will get back to you. You may reach us through our contact page on this site or call 503-719-5011 or email email@example.com Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Sizzling Summer Savings
Posted on July 12th, 2013 in category "Uncategorized"
Posted on July 10th, 2013 in category "Tips"
Shop local. We hear that term used often, but what does it really mean for you and your community? As it turns out, more than you might think. Consider some of these statics from Independent Retailer Month’s website:
- Only 6 cents of every dollar spent with a big box retailer stays in the community. For a chain store its 20 cents of every dollar, but every dollar spent with an independent (Indie) retailer keeps 60 cents circulating in the community.
- When you shop locally-owned businesses, money will stay in the community 3 times longer! A dollar spent at a locally owned store is usually spent 6 to 15 times before it leaves the community. When you spend $1 at a national chain store, 80% of the money leaves town immediately.
- For every $100 in consumer spending with a local firm, $68 remains in the local economy. That same $100 spent with a chain results in only $43 remaining in the local community; a difference of $25 per $100!
- For every square foot occupied by a local firm, the impact on the local economy is $179. Yet that same square foot occupied by a chain firm results in a local impact of only $105; a difference of $74 per square foot!
- Local businesses tend to give more to community causes and support local media. Many of the non-profit organizations that serve our communities are supported largely by local businesses, and our local radio stations, newspapers, and television stations are kept alive by local business advertisements.
The month of July is national shop local retailer’s month!
For more information about Independent Retailer Month click here
Posted on July 3rd, 2013 in category "Uncategorized"
The showroom will be closed during the weekend for the Fourth of July holiday. We reopen again on Tuesday, July 9, at 10:00am. We will be monitoring voice mail and e-mail so please feel free to contact us through our contact page. Have a fun filled and safe holiday!